"such a moving thing to see a community choir with a median age of 20" - Audience Member
- Sun, Jan 05Trinity Lutheran ChurchJan 05, 2020, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PMTrinity Lutheran Church, 1225 Hopyard Rd, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USAChoral Audacity, now proudly in its 4th choral project, presents Balikbayan, a concert featuring music of home, selfless sacrifice, separation, highlighting the narrative of the Filipino overseas worker. Free admission.
- Sat, Jan 04Peace Lutheran ChurchJan 04, 2020, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PMPeace Lutheran Church, 3201 Camino Tassajara, Danville, CA 94506, USAChoral Audacity, now proudly in its 4th choral project, presents Balikbayan, a concert featuring music of home, selfless sacrifice, separation, highlighting the narrative of the Filipino overseas worker. Free admission.
Audition to be on the roster for CHORAL AUDACITY!
CHORAL AUDACITY is a project-based ensemble with a large roster of singers from all over the US. Months prior to each choral project, 24-40 singers (6-10 sopranos, 6-10 altos, 6-10 tenors, and 6-10 basses) are contacted to participate in the rehearsal/concert week. The ensemble does not rehearse regularly, but rehearses with a few days prior to each choral project. The ensemble you see at this concert may not be the same ensemble you see at the next concert. Think you have what it takes to give us a shot?
· Must be college-age or older.
· The ensemble is not limited to only singers of color.
· Singers must have a love and be experienced with choral music.
· The ability to learn music outside of rehearsal and prepare an entire program with very little rehearsal is very important.
· A passion for diverse repertoire including but not limited to Renaissance motets, World Music, Pop, and Gospel
· A curiosity for diversity and inclusion
Singers must provide:
· A recommendation letter from a choral director
· At live auditions, singers are asked to sing 2 solos of choice with contrasting styles. If auditions are submitted electronically, please send YouTube or SoundCloud links.
· Musicianship assessment (sight singing, harmonization, and pitch memory)
San Ramon, CA, USA